As Minnesota Nursing Administrators in long term care, it is our mission to promote leadership excellence through education, networking, mentoring and advocacy for the benefit of our members and the people in the communities we serve.
- One of the greatest values MN-DONA members experience is the networking and relationship building. There is a generous and open sharing of information in all spectrums of long term care, including best practices, survey results, nursing management, budget control, and product information.
- Each year MN-DONA sponsors a Spring and Fall Conference which are dedicated to educational development and support of the Nursing Director in long term care. Scholarships are awarded at the conferences to advance education in Long Term Care.
- MN-DONA members who desire more active involvement may serve on various committees: Scholarship/Education; Publicity/Membership; Legislative; Finance/Auditing; Constitution/Bylaws; Nominating.
- Through liaison roles, MN-DONA is represented on: APIC; Clinical Practice Committee; Care Providers Regulatory; Leading Age MN, Leading Age Clinical Practice; Minnesota Center for Nursing; MOLN; OHFC; Stratis; Regulatory and Government Affairs.
- Our website provides up-to-date information on MN-DONA/LTC including events, legislative issues, board member contact information, constitution, committee information policies, favorite forms, programs and policies, sponsorship information and more.
- Regular membership publication mailings/emails to keep members updated.
- MN-DONA produces a quarterly newsletter with current chapter happenings and articles of interest to long-term care.
- Job/Career Postings.
- Active MN-DONA members are comprised of licensed registered nurses who are currently or have previously served in a position as a Director of Nursing, Assistant or Associate Director of Nursing, or consulting Director of Nursing in a state and licensed long-term care facility.
- We have recently invited Assisted Living registered nurse managers to our membership.
- Patron MN-DONA members include companies or individuals involved in a service to the long-term care industry.
- MN-DONA is an organization dedicated to developing and promoting statewide networking of long-term care Nursing Directors and Managers.
- Liaison and committee positions.
- MN-DONA is the voice of long term care Nursing Administrators speaking to the issues concerning the delivery of nursing care.
- MN-DONA is the voice to the legislature, together with our organizations, Care Providers and Leading Age on a state and national level.
- Scholarship for advanced education of MN-DONA members.
- Promotes professional growth of employees within each of our organizations.
- Spring and Fall Conferences are dedicated to the professional, educational, and wellness of the Director of Nursing Administrator in long-term care.