MN-DONA Membership Benefits
MN-DONA provides the following benefits to its members:
* Quarterly edition of Focus, MN-DONA’s online newsletter emailed to members.
* MN-DONA Website – MNDONA.org, provides up-to-date information on MN-DONA/LTC including a calendar of events, legislative issues, board member contact information, constitution, board minutes, committee information, committee meeting minutes, programs and policies, membership application, favorite forms, MN-DONA Sponsors, links to many of the vital information sites DONs/ADONs need to quickly access and more!
* Conferences – Education programs developed for DONs, ADONs and RN managers at our Spring and Fall Conferences – discounted registration for MN-DONA members.
* Liaisons – to Minnesota Medical Directors Association, Leading Age of Minnesota Board of Directors, Care Providers of Minnesota Regulatory Affairs, Stratis, APIC MN, Minnesota Center for Nursing and the University of Minnesota School of Nursing.
* Founding Member – Minnesota Center for Nursing.
* District Meetings – held around the state, your chance to meet with DONs and ADONs in your area to discuss current issues, share concerns and get an updae on information from the MN-DONA Board of Directors.
* Scholarships – At the Spring Conference, MN-DONA awards three Leadership/Personal Balance Scholarships with a value of $500 each. In addition, each year MN-DONA’s Sponsors help our association support educational scholarships for nurses that are awarded at our annual Fall Conference. In 2014, 42 applicants received scholarships totaling over $21,000. Included in those awards were three MN-DONA scholarships to nurses pursuing a college degree. In the Fall of 2014 MN-DONA gave three scholarships covering the registration fees for the MOLN’s Minnesota Public Policy Internship Program. This is the third year of this program for which MN-DONA members receive a discounted registration rate.